On November 13, 2020, a webinar on “Preventing plagiarism in student and scientific work, practical examples and advice” was conducted by the leadership of the Plagiat Limited Liability Company. National University “Odessa Maritime Academy” also took part in this event. During the webinar, the following issues were discussed:
1. The need for an anti-plagiarism program to prevent copying from the Internet and databases.
2. What should not be considered as plagiarism.
3. Plagiarism or technical error?
4. What tools are used in writing to circumvent the anti-plagiarism system.
5. Regulatory framework and official recommendations for the prevention of academic plagiarism (violation of the law, reasons; legal framework for anti-plagiarism in higher educational establishment, as well as official recommendations; what is read as a violation of academic virtue, types of liability for violation of academic virtue by applicants).
6. StrikePlagiarism system.
7. Rules of Interpretation of the Similarity Report. Similarity Report Analysis.
Those who could not take part in the webinar can follow the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7gaDKF-E2g and watch the recording.
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and Google Ukraine will hold an online seminar for scientists, where they will talk about the use of Google tools in the field of scientific research and publications. This refers to Google Academy, Google Public Data, Google Cloud Platform and the like.
“The competent use of modern digital tools by our scientists in their research activities opens up new, wider opportunities for them. I am sure that our initiative will be positively received by the scientific community, ”said Artur Seletskiy, Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine.
The seminar is to take place on November 19, beginning at 14:00.
During the online seminar, the following issues will be considered: the role of digital services in the development of science; applied use of the Google Academy system; advanced search capabilities Google and Google Alerts; work with data sets – Google Public Data, Dataset Search, Google Data Studio and Google Cloud Platform.
It is necessary to fill out the registration form to confirm participation in the event https://forms.gle/5WkhvvekoMyqSwat6 .